We have important news to share with teachers, parents, and readers of all ages! Please visit our new blog.
August 10, 2016
Not to be all “Dear Greg” this and “Dear Greg” that, but there are some things we are just DYING to ask you, Greg Heffley. So…
1. How tall are you?
2. What’s your middle name?
3. Who is Uncle Charlie, exactly? Your mom’s brother? Your dad’s brother? Or someone completely different altogether?
Uncle Charlie presenting Greg
with an 8 x 10 glossy of himself.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, page 124.
4. What state do you live in?
5. Yankees or Red Sox?
6. Have you ever kissed a girl?
7. Chicken or beef? Paper, plastic, or canvas?
8. If you HAD to eat something gross, what would you pick?
a)The cheese on the school blacktop
b)Rodrick’s roast beef dinner
c)Your grandpa’s watercress salad
9. Would you rather spend a day as Vice Principal Roy making all the rules or as Manny breaking all the rules?
10. Did you ever find out who the Mad Pantser was?
The Mad Pantser strikes again. Diary of a
Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel, page 109.
11. Where do you keep your diary? Do you hide it?
12.Does Mr. Jefferson really hate you? Or is it kind of an “oh-that’s-our-Greg!” type of thing?
13. Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it.
14. If you had a Facebook page, what would you put as your relationship status?
c)You’d leave it blank to keep all the ladies wondering
15. Your mom bought you your first diary, but what happened after you filled that one up? Did you buy the rest of them for yourself, or did she buy them for you?
Greg Heffley: A consummate mama’s
boy! Diary of a Wimpy Kid, page 202.
17. Have you ever had a girlfriend?
18. What does your dad do for a living? We know he works in an office, but what industry does he work in?
19. Do kids in school (other than Rowley) know you keep a diary? If so, do they ever tease you about it?
20. Do you actually like writing? With all due respect, you seem kind of lazy, so it’s impressive you’ve kept up these diaries for so long. Either way, we love them.
Feel free to answer all or none of these questions—we know how busy you are getting ready for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck, so whatever floats your boat!
Thanks for listening.
Scholastic Reading Club
Wimpy Kid text and illustrations copyright © 2013 Wimpy Kid, Inc. DIARY OF A WIMPY KID®, WIMPY KID™, and the Greg Heffley design™ are trademarks of Wimpy Kid, Inc. All rights reserved.
Bio about Author: Deborah works on the Promotions team as the Merchandising Manager for grades one, two, and three. She’s a huge fan of the Wimpy Kid series. Her favorite character has to be Greg (duh). And of course Uncle Gary.
September 25, 2013